Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sakura By Ikimono Gakari Lyrics (Romaji / English)

Here are the lyrics of this awesome song :

Romaji               English
Sakura hirahira maiorite ochite The cherry blossoms fell, fluttering down
Yureru omoi no take wo dakishimetaEmbracing every bit of my fluttering love
Kimi to haru ni negai shi ano yume waEven now, I’m dreaming the dream I prayed for with you that spring
Ima mo miete iru yo sakura maichiruThe cherry blossoms scatter


Densha kara mieta no waFrom the train I could see
Itsuka no omokageThe traces of one day
Futari de kayotta haru no oohashiThe big bridge we crossed together
Sotsugyou no toki ga kiteGraduation time came
Kimi wa machi wo detaAnd you left town
Irozuku kawabe ni ano hi wo sagasu noOn the colourful riverbank, I search for that day
Sorezore no michi wo erabiWe went our separate ways
Futari wa haru wo oetaAnd brought our spring to an end
Sakihokoru mirai waMy future is in full bloom
Atashi wo aseraseteBut it fills me with panic
Odakyuusen no mado niThis year, once again, the cherry blossoms are reflected
Kotoshi mo sakura ga utsuru In the window of the Odakyuu train
Kimi no koe ga kono mune niIn my heart
Kikoete kuru yoI hear your voice


Sakura hirahira maiorite ochiteThe cherry blossoms fell, fluttering down
Yureru omoi no take wo dakishimetaEmbracing every bit of my fluttering love
Kimi to haru ni negai shi ano yume waEven now, I’m dreaming the dream I prayed for with you that spring
Ima mo miete iru yo sakura maichiruThe cherry blossoms scatter


Kaki kaketa tegami ni waThe start of my letter to you
"Genki de iru yo” toSays “I’m doing OK”
Chiisa na uso wa misukasareru neYou’ll see through that little lie, won’t you?
Meguriyuku kono machi mo Even the town going past
Haru wo ukeireteIs taking in the spring
Kotoshi mo ano hana ga tsubomi wo hirakuThe flowers are opening their buds again this year
Kimi ga inai hibi wo koeteI’ll get through these days without you
Atashi mo otona ni natte ikuAnd I, too, will grow up
Kouyatte subete wasurete iku no kanaWill I forget everything?
“Hontou ni suki dattan da”“I really loved you”
Sakura ni te wo nobasuI hold out my hands to the cherry blossoms
Kono omoi ga ima haru ni tsutsumarete iku yoNow my love is wrapped in the spring


Sakura hirahira maiorite ochiteThe cherry blossoms fell, fluttering down
Yureru omoi no take wo dakiyosetaEmbracing every bit of my fluttering love
Kimi ga kureshi tsuyoki ano kotoba waEven now, the strong words you gave me
Ima mo mune ni nokoru sakura maiyukuRemain in my heart; the cherry blossoms dance


Sakura hirahira maiorite ochiteThe cherry blossoms fell, fluttering down
Yureru omoi no take wo dakishimetaEmbracing every bit of my fluttering love
Tooki haru ni yume mi shi ano hibi waThose days I dreamed of on that distant spring day
Sora ni kiete iku yoDisappear into the sky


Sakura hirahira maiorite ochiteThe cherry blossoms fall, fluttering down
Haru no sono mukou to he aruki dasuAnd I walk out into the spring
Kimi to haru ni chikai shi kono yume wo tsuyokuI clutch the dream I promised you that spring
Mune ni daite sakura maichiruTightly to my chest; the cherry blossoms dance

8 comments:

  1. The translation is so accurate that clearly reflected its original meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice song. it talks about cherry blossoms and it's just beautiful. You will not find in any other song

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really fits well on 5cm per second, I cried a lot after reading the lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias por la traducción. Tengo una duda, en las últimas dos líneas, tu lo tradujiste de este modo:
    Kimi to haru ni chikai shi kono yume wo tsuyoku =Agarro el sueño que te prometí esa primavera
    Mune ni daite sakura maichiru = Apretado a mi pecho; las flores de cerezo bailan.
    Pero he visto otras traducciones donde lo ponen de este modo:
    Kimi to haru ni chikai shi kono yume wo = El sueño de volver a vivir junto a ti otra primera.
    Tsuyoku mune ni daite = Hace que mi pecho duela.
    Sakura maichiru = Las flores de cerezo bailan.
    No sé cual de las dos estará correcta, pero lo dejo para más contenido.

    ReplyDelete